Fort DeSoto Campground


Dad worked to build a bike rack for the new truck so we can take our bikes on out journeys.


The first night at the campground Dad hurt his back and we had to take him to the ER. He wasn’t able to return to the campground with us. He had to stay home in bed and rest. Grandma Susie came down for a night and went on hikes with us.


We met the crew of a sailboat, the Winnie, that is sailing around the world. We talked to them for a bit and then they were off on their next part of their adventure. We are able to track them online at : Winnie Sails


We played at the beach and got covered with sand.


E read while I played and built sandcastles. IMG_8780 IMG_8786

One night Grandma and Grandpa came over and helped us cook dinner. I got a migraine and had to go lay down. I was feeling better by the time s/mores were up!

IMG_8789 IMG_8799 IMG_8801

We stayed up late and danced around the fire pit. Shark Bait OHHH HA HA!IMG_8809

I am the master of the fire!


I figured out how to make pretend light sabers out a flashlight in the smoke of the fire.

IMG_8823 IMG_8832

We took a trip to Tampa Bay Watch and I learned all about the conservation they do in our area beaches.


They have a sea grass restoration program.


The make oyster pots to help build oyster colonies to clean water and prevent erosion.


We got to pull up their mini habitats. There were shrimp, crabs and other things living on the ropes.

IMG_8843 IMG_8846

I could name every fish they had in their tanks and that really impressed the lady leading us around.

They even have huge educational tanks below their building.

IMG_8850 IMG_8851

Back at the campground we just hung out and explored all day.


We took an insanely long bike ride!


I loved all the cool trees we found. This was my favorite.

IMG_8873 IMG_8876

We went to the beach to look for shells. The shells aren’t as nice as Honeymoon Island but we still found quite a few keepers.

IMG_8880 IMG_8882 IMG_8886 IMG_8890


We had a great mini vacation. I really wish Daddy could have joined us but he is starting to feel a little better with rest and medication.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *